2011年9月5日月曜日

Eggane Festival

Eggane festival started on August 28th mainly in Uchinoura area of Kimotsuki town.


“Eggane” means “Ise-ebi (Japanese spiny lobster)”. It’s a Kagoshima dialect meaning Ise-ebi.
 
It may not be very well known thing, but the Shibushi bay is a product center of Eggane.
 
You can have a gust of each restaurant’s original “Eggane cuisine” for 4,000 yen at some restaurants in Kimotsuki Town during the festival.

You can also enjoy the Uchinoura bay cruise every Saturday and Sunday during the festival. The reservation is accepted at the Kimotsuki town office at 0994-65-8422 from Monday through Friday.
 
The festival lasts until September 30th.

Uchinoura is about 30km south-east of Kanoya through the Kunimi tunnel. Going to Uchinoura, you need to climb to a height 200m on the way. The avaerage grade from Koyama area to the Kunimi tunnel is about 7%, and the maximum grade is more than 10%.
 
Why don’t you come here to eat some Eggane?

Please refer to this website! 
※Japanese only




1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    My HN is "KAZE",a cyclist,live in Kimotsuki-cho.
    I think this blog has been established by Mr.K.
    Please forgive me,if I encounter misunderstanding.

    I saw a article about you on MINAMINIHON newspaper yesterday.
    So,I call your office to know the name of this blog about 1 hour ago.
    According to the articles,you have to focus on rural charm of Osumi area.
    I'm looking forward to your submissions.
    Thank you.

    My blog is here.
    http://blog.livedoor.jp/roadrunner2009/

    返信削除